Thursday, July 12, 2012

Liz and I came back from Houghton yesterday. Liz and Phil arrived home first, they went straight to the hospital to drive my mom home. They put Andrew in an induced coma but the seizure movement still wasnt stopping, they had to insert a central line to increase his heart rate and blood pressure to give him more seizure meds. He is currently on a ventilator, feeding tube, EEG monitors, its not going to be easy to see him like this, that is for sure. Now he is stable, the did get the seizure movement to stop and his EEG hasnt spiked. They are inducing him every 12 hours until he shows no seizure activity for 24-48 hours then they will very slowly reduce the medications to get him to come out of coma unless grand mal seizure starts again, then they will keep him in coma because they cant seem to get it under control with any medications. They still dont know if Andrew had another stroke or if this was just a grand mal seizure. He is scheduled for an Cat Scan today. My Dad and Marty were up at the hospital early this morning, then Liz and Phil went and relieved him, now me and my mom are going to be leaving in just a minute to go up to relieve Phil and Liz.25 Sorry if i repeated any information and spelling errors, between facebook, texts, blog and phone i cant remember where i was at..
Since Andrew is in ICU only immediate family (My Mom, Dad, Liz and I) can see him right now. I will definitely let everyone know when that changes, i know there are a few people who have been asking to go up.
Update more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment