Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sorry for the delayed update...

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they are very appreciated. As many of you know our family takes a vacation once a year to houghton lake. Obviously my mom did not come this year, Liz and I were not going to come either but our family convinced us to come with them to try to clear our heads, and since Andrew is having a hard time with visitors right now anyways we did decide to come. Liz and I will be up north (with the rest of the family) until this coming Saturday. We are keeping in touch with my parents every night getting updates. The last time i spoke with my mom, Andrew was having some issues with the medication they put him on to calm him down (Thorizine) (Spelling is probably way off, sorry). Friday night he had a fever and was hallucinating. My parents have been talking to the doctors to try to come up with something we can do, but they were having a difficult time because no one tends to work in the hospital on weekends i guess.
They were also talking about inserting a G Tube because Andrew hasnt eaten. They were having some issues with his cooperation with some tests they needed to do before hand. Then they were discussing doing a feeding tube until they were able to do the G Tube but Andrew wasnt having it. He wouldnt let them put the tube down his throat.. so, i will talk to my mom tonight when they are home from the hospital and will update later in the week, she did leave a comment under my last post with an update as well.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment