Sunday, July 1, 2012

Uneventful Weekends...

Sunday, July 1, 2012

It's Sunday, around 3pm. I am still debating if I am going to go up to the hospital today, i might take a day off. I talked to my Mom. Andrew slept good last night, I brought Gracie up there for a visit last night, he really enjoyed that. Aunt Markie and Uncle Matt also stopped up for a visit yesterday.

From what I gather today is a pretty uneventful day. Mom spent the night with Andrew. He had a couple visitors this morning, Uncle Mike, Trich and Lola. Andrew tried getting on the elevator with them when they left, i guess my mom had to call for some help because he was getting physical with her. I don't really blame him, i would be trying to get out of there too. I guess there was also an incident with the wheelchair last night, he tried to take it for a ride around 11:30pm. He has no fear of his IV's and everything he is hooked to coming out. He gets tangled in his IV all day long. It is actually kind of good to hear he is trying to get out of bed and do things, now if only he could communicate with us. Uncle Matt and Aunt Markie went up for a visit today, they are there right now. I was told Andrew played a pretty good game of hangman with Uncle Matt to the point he was laughing! He has not laughed since he has been there, so that was also good to hear.

Sunday is an uneventful day for the hospital, everyone must be off for the weekend. The surgeon did come in and speak with my mom today. The plan for tomorrow is to take him to the OR for his Spinal Tap, Muscle Biopsy and Ophthamology examination. The results from the MRI also came back which showed no further damage than the initial stroke, which is good.

My sister Liz is taking Grandma Lois up there around 4pm, and Jessica said she may be stopping in today as well. Since not much is going on today it is probably a good time to let all his visitors in and stay home. I don't remember this hospital being such sticklers on visitors in the past! I thought I was going to have a separate pass for Gracie yesterday!

When I go to the hospital tomorrow I will fill in any details I missed for today and update for tomorrow.

Please keep Andrew in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment